The strengthening of tropical storm BRET during the night of June 21 to 22 led the Prefect to bring together this morning at 6:30 a.m. the services of the State and Météo-France for a situation update.
Given the evolution of the situation, the Prefect places Martinique on RED cyclone alert
This decision takes effect from Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
A new update on the situation of tropical storm BRET will be made by the state services today at 12:00 p.m.
It is therefore requested to prepare and follow the following individual and collective measures to be disseminated as widely as possible.
- Economic activity is stopped and economic actors must implement measures to protect their company or trade and free up as much as possible from their staff,
- All public transport is interrupted (bus, inter-island link, etc.),
- All major gatherings (sports, festive, cultural, etc.) are cancelled,
- All outings at sea (professional or leisure) are strictly prohibited,
- All animals, including pets, must be returned,
- The media will continuously disseminate information on the phenomenon.
- Stay informed of the evolution of the phenomenon by regularly consulting Météo-France bulletins and apply safety instructions,
- Before taking the road, find out about any deviations put in place by the Territorial Collectivity of Martinique,
- Prepare your home (protection of openings, sheltering of objects, dismantling of facilities likely to be taken away),
- Put out of water objects likely to be affected by a flood,
- Protect your personal and important documents (identity papers, vaccination book, invoices, warranty certificates, etc.),
- If you live in a flood zone, watch for the rising waters,
- Do not engage under any circumstances on foot or by car on a submerged lane,
- Activities at sea are totally prohibited (e.g. kitesurfing, sailing),
- Report your departure and destination to relatives,
The departmental operational center will be activated from 12:00 p.m. and will remain active all day and during the night of June 22 to 23.
The public information unit of the prefecture will be open until 5:00 p.m. The number to contact is: 05 96 39 39 89.
Stay informed by following the Prefecture on its official accounts on social networks (Facebook: prefetdelamartinique; Twitter: at prefet972).